Research & Development
“…DEVELOPING INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY THAT DRIVES MINING TOWARDS THE GOAL OF BECOMING AN ECONOMIC AND SUSTAINABLE INDUSTRY…”
As part of its corporate core
ROMPEV conducts research and development of advanced – practical processes and tools to facilitate mine project evaluation and optimisation in the face of uncertainty (i.e., risk and potential).
This is a key strategy that makes
ROMPEV more distinctive and competitive while accelerating its growth.
By promoting the dialogue and integration of the different mining disciplines
ROMPEV provides knowledge transfer between academia and the industry. Its focus is not limited to particular applications. Problems of measuring, quantifying, modelling, predicting, and monitoring risk and potential arise in virtually all areas, including geology, processing, mining, economics and decision making.
ROMPEV ’s R&D Centre provides a platform for developing innovative practical tools for the mining industry able to account and manage uncertainty (i.e., risk and potential).
ROMPEV addresses this challenge by facilitating a fundamental transformation – extension of the traditional methods used in the mining and minerals industry to evaluate and extract mineral deposits.
This will include the capability to comprehensively characterise, model and evaluate the economic and environmental impact of improved mineral-extraction methods.
Our R&D projects include:
- New techniques for detecting and analysing spatial trends
- New techniques for ore resource estimation and simulation based on advanced multivariated processes
- Production scheduling algorithms
- Cut-off grade optimisation in the fase of grade uncertainty
- Cut-off grade optimisation in the fase of metal price uncertainty
- Developing advanced techniques for stock piling and blending
- Price forecasting
- Real options and decision making